Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Van Williams - From Athlete to Crime-Fighter

Before Van Williams donned the mask and black coat to anonymously fight crime in The Green Hornet ( 1966 ), he sported bathing trunks and brawny muscles on a daily basis to instruct both men and women in the aquatic art of skin diving. Unbeknownst to many, this hunky hero of television fame was a professional skin diver in Hawaii when he was discovered by producer Mike Todd in 1957. 

Williams was an all-around athlete even in his youth. In highschool he set records in the hurdle-race....in college he played football for Texas Christian. Mike Todd perished in an airplane accident shortly after he asked Williams to come to California for an audition, but that didn't deter the young man. After some acting lessons and vocal coaching he headed to the mainland on his own, and landed some guest spots in television before he was signed by Warner Bros in 1959. Williams portrayed Kenny Madison in the television series Bourbon Street Beat ( 1959-1960 ) which later spun-off into the series Surfside 6 ( 1960-1962 ). In both shows he portrayed a detective. This training, combined with his muscular physique, came in handy when he was asked to squash criminals on a daily basis in the popular series, The Green Hornet. 
This entry is the first in our latest series entitled "Did You Know?".....sometimes we just feel like sharing interesting fragments of television and movie history and now we have a place to do just that. If you have a hot tip that you would like us to share on Silver Scenes, drop us a line! 

2 comments:

  1. SEO is the abbreviation for Search Engine Optimization. What this means, in a summary, is the course of action of bettering the probability that your webpage will be one of the top returns presented by a search engine, based on the keywords that were used to induce the search.Art of Skin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am Here To Give My Testimony About A Doctor Who Helped Me In My Life. I Was Infected With HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS In 2019, I Went To Many Hospitals For Cure But There Was No Solution, So I Was Thinking How Can I Get A Solution Out So That My Body Can Be Okay. One Day I Was In The River Side Thinking Where I Can Go To Get Solution. So A Lady Walked To Me Telling Me Why Am I So Sad And I Open Up All To Her Telling Her My Problem, She Told Me That She Can Help Me Out, She Introduce Me To A Doctor Who Uses Herbal Medication To Cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS And Gave Me His Email, So I Mail Him. He Told Me All The Things I Need To Do And Also Give Me Instructions To Take, Which I Followed Properly. Before I Knew What Is Happening After Two Weeks The HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS That Was In My Body Got Vanished . So If You Are Also Heart Broken And Also Need A Help, You Can Also contact Him Through Dr. Oyagu reach him oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com visit his website https://oyaguspellcaster.wixsite.com/oyaguherbalhome Or whatsapp him via +2348101755322

    ReplyDelete